Vanguard Fellowship Cohort II
As stated in Blended by Heather Staker and Michael Horn, teachers are critical to the success of blended and personalized learning and it is important to design their role well so that teachers benefit from the shift in practice as much as students do.
We know that providing teachers with professional development that models effective digital learning environments and coaching them on the design and implementation of technology-enhanced learning experiences will impact teacher practice and student achievement.
Through the development of the Vanguard Team, Spring Branch ISD will create a professional development model that provides teachers opportunities to grow, assume new responsibilities and leeway to innovate, and receive recognition for their efforts. To keep the program innovative, teachers will apply for a 3-year term moving into emeritus status in years 4+.
We are seeking innovative SBISD classroom teachers who are using technology in transformational ways that support learning for all students. We are looking for teachers interested in:
- sharing their classroom learning environment with fellow educators,
- modeling high quality learning practices where technology is a tool to empower student learning and achievement,
- coaching fellow teachers with open, collaborative practices and partnering with them in making their transformation, and
- committing to drive their own learning and sharing with others around the world!
Come be a part of something fresh and new!
Apply to become a Vanguard Fellow today! You must be logged into your SBISD Google Apps account to view the documents. If you're logged into your personal Gmail account, you may experience issues.
- Application: Complete this form - Due January 6th at 8:00 PM
- Questions in the form are on the FAQ page
- Interviews - Scheduled after hours in January 2017
FAQs Still more? Feel free to reach out to Karen Justl, Amy Houser or Krystal Weiss in Educational Technology.